As Architect of Record, W-A was tasked to restore the brick and terra cotta exterior of this century old building. This Chicago Public School building was designed by architects Holabird & Root in 1925 and has accumulated the grime of standing for decades in the heart of the southeast side industrial neighborhood. The work included the replacement of deteriorated terra cotta and associated steel lintels; full grinding of face brick and tuckpointing with mortar specially formulated to match the properties of the original material. Sitework included landscape restoration, site lighting and parking lot upgrades.
Chicago Public Schools